Annual Meeting + Picnic & Play
Sunday, June 4, 4 pm
The Annual Business Meeting of the Chapel Hill Bible Church will take place Sunday afternoon, June 4, at 4 pm, in the Sanctuary. All members are urged to attend. (Only members may vote, but ALL CHBC congregants are welcome to attend.)
At our Annual Meeting, we will celebrate what God has been doing in our midst, say hellos and goodbyes to our transitioning members, share updates on continued progress through our working groups and others, hold a vote (for members only) to affirm the upcoming fiscal year's budget and our leadership nominees, and spend time in prayer as a community for God's glory through CHBC in the coming year. Following the meeting, we'll host a picnic to provide some sweet time of fellowship and fun. More details on both are below.
Details for our Annual Meeting
- When: Sunday, June 4, 4-6 pm
- Where: CHBC Sanctuary
- What: We will connect with our neighbors, share stories of God moving in our midst with one another, welcome and encourage new and departing members, hear updates about progress from our Working Groups, vote on the proposed budget and Elder and Deacon nominees for the coming year, and spend time lifting the upcoming year in prayer.
- Recognition and thanks to the elders and deacons whose terms are ending;
- Elders to be re-affirmed: Michael Carnahan
- Elders to be affirmed: Jay Baas
- New diaconate candidates for election: Meg Howes, Samantha Leuice, Eric North
- Vote to approve the proposed 2023-24 Operating Budget
- Other details: For more context, see Article V of our Bylaws for more information on our Annual Meeting protocols
details for Picnic & Play
- When: ~6-7:30pm, immediately following the conclusion of the Annual Meeting
- Where: CHBC Soccer Field (if raining: no bounce houses and picnic dinner inside)
- What: We will have bouncy castles, bubbles, chalk and some field games for fun. Bring your own dinner or purchase a Jason's Deli picnic box dinner as part of your registration ($10 - sandwich, chips, cookie, pickle and bottle of water).
- Other details: Please bring a picnic blanket or camping chairs for seating outside. (NOTE: this Picnic and Play will replace the one previously scheduled for Wednesday, June 14)
If you are looking forward to these upcoming gatherings, would you be willing to help make them happen? Many hands make light (and fun!) labor, they say. See the questions in your registration for where you might be able to lend a hand to help.
Please save the dates now for the rest of this year’s Membership Gatherings! Registration and more information will be provided as each approaches:
- Wednesday, September 13 (Note- this date has changed from Sept 6)
- Wednesday, November 1
- Wednesday, February 7