Githens Middle School
Backpack & Food Drive
Through Sunday, September 8
The CHBC has been blessed to partner with Githens Middle School each fall in providing food-filled backpacks to stock their food pantry and help students transport much-needed food supplies to their homes. Our annual donation stocks the pantry for several months! Please consider helping us pass our goal of 100 food-filled backpacks this year.
Collection will be in the Commons from Sundays, Aug. 25 through Sept. 8.
If you can help sort (7pm, Wed, Sept 11) or transport (1pm, Thurs., Sept 12), contact Margie Tippett (email@example.com).
backpack & food guidelines
Backpack Colors: Black, Grey, Navy
Food Guidelines (No large boxes unless they contain individual pre-wrapped portions):
- Individual packs of oatmeal and breakfast cereals
- Fruit cups (individual fruit/applesauce cups)
- Peanut butter and jelly (16 oz. in plastic containers)
- Canned ravioli or spaghetti
- Canned soups and stews
- Canned tuna or Vienna sausages
- Packs of crackers (sleeves we can separate)
- Canned vegetables
- Individually wrapped snacks (peanut butter crackers, pretzels, goldfish, etc)
- Granola bars, Cereal bars
- Individual packs of raisins or other dried fruit
- Macaroni and cheese