Full-Time Communications Associate
Our mission at Chapel Hill Bible Church is to equip our church as a community to reach the Triangle and beyond with the message of Jesus.
The Communications Associate would be a team player, excellent with details, familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft/Apple office packages as well as comfortable with content management systems for website updating. MailChimp or comparable email communications system a plus. CHBC requires the successful candidate to become a member of CHBC within the next 6 months if he/she is not a member already.
Chapel Hill Bible Church offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical benefits, elective dental, vision and voluntary life as well as paid time off.
The Communications Associate is Responsible for:
The Communications Associate, under the direction of the Communications Director, provides creative and administrative support to the pastoral and ministry staff to ensure: communication objectives in support of the church’s mission are being met; projects are on schedule; print, display, and online presence are aligned with branding guidelines; relationships with staff, volunteers, vendors, and other partners are maintained.
- Design: Assist in the design of art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness – whether self-created, or using volunteer and/or freelance designers
- Promotion: Assist in planning and production of promotional items related to CHBC – whether written, graphically designed, video, etc
- Assist with all aspects of technical production of Sunday worship services, i.e. video, media, lighting, etc
- Assist in capturing audio/photo/video footage for CHBC’s events upon request
- Assist in the production of video deliverables for various CHBC-related projects
- Create and construct stage design for Sunday morning services and CHBC-related events
- Sunday morning participation and presence is required
- Websites: Assist in content management of CHBC-related websites
- Social Media: Create social media content for CHBC including, but not limited to, Facebook and Instagram
- Team Player:
- Help recruit and train volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals
- Recruit, train, and care for volunteer such as artists, designers, photographers, writers
skills & characteristics
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ; understanding of the centrality of the gospel and commitment to the purpose and mission of the local church as understood by CHBC; membership at CHBC (existing or first available membership class upon employment) is required
- A high level of education or college degree in communications, marketing, or related area or equivalent experience
- Excellent English grammar and written expression
- A proactive learner and self-developer
- High attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize deadlines for multiple projects and people
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to solve problems and serve others wisely without prompting
- High tolerance for interruptions and unscheduled interactions
- Friendly, outgoing, helpful attitude that represents CHBC and our staff well
- Professional, mature, and flexible work style
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Artistic creativity
- Ability to master web-based systems used at CHBC, including Basecamp, Planning Center Online, Google Drive, and web-authorizing software (training provided as needed)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Apple software packages. CMS skills in WordPress or equivalent a plus. Experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus. Photography/video productions skills a plus; some basic design skills desirable
40 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday and Sunday. Occasional flexible hours for evening or weekend events if needed.