Opening for Facilities Manager @ Chapel Hill Bible Church
Our mission at Chapel Hill Bible Church is to equip our church as a community to reach the Triangle and beyond with the message of Jesus. The Facilities Manager joins the broader Ministry Operations team in accomplishing this through ensuring quality and efficiency in our daily operations. Ever since the Garden of Eden, environments have been an important part of how God relates to his people, and today is no different. Therefore, the Facilities Manager seeks to provide great environments for our ministries, so that they can be as effective as possible in transforming and equipping our congregation. This requires constantly evaluating the functionality and feel of our environments, policies, and procedures from the perspective of our church body.
A successful candidate will fit one or both of the following two Facilities Manager profiles:
- A Doer – a craftsman with broad technical skills in the facilities arena.
- A Delegator – a person skilled in assembling and managing the necessary team (staff, vendors, volunteers) to get the job done well.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for...
- Ensuring appropriate usage of church buildings and grounds (managing building use policy, compliance with state and local laws and regulations, and managing vendor contracts and relationships)
- Maintaining building systems (HVAC, security, fire systems, plumbing, utilities) of 79,000 square foot church building
- Overseeing and keeping up 31 acres of church grounds through all types of weather
- Stewarding the church’s facilities budget, physical building and grounds resources, and general church cleanliness, to the Glory of God
- Discerning and assembling the best team of staff, vendors, and volunteers to meet the Facilities-related needs of the church
- Keeping up professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications
Skills & Characteristics
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ; understanding of the centrality of the gospel and commitment to the purpose and mission of the local church as understood by CHBC; membership at CHBC (existing or first available membership class upon employment) is required
- Familiarity with church operations, practices, and terminology preferred
- Servant heart and team player mentality, willing to collaborate and adapt
- Fiscal responsibility mindset to help CHBC faithfully steward the financial and building resources God has provided for us to accomplish His will
- Strong computer proficiency preferred with ability to master unfamiliar systems (systems used: Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Basecamp)
- A proactive learner and self-developer, who has a flexible work style
- Ability to solve problems without prompting and serve others wisely
- High amount of grace for interruptions and unscheduled interactions
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Good work habits including punctuality, proactivity, good judgment and decision-making, detail-oriented accuracy, follow through, organization, time management, and deadline management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant certifications a plus
Full-Time: Monday through Friday (first point of contact for emergencies)