Summer Scripture Challenge!
We are inviting you to join us this summer as we strive to build up the kids of our church in the Word of God by participating in our Summer Scripture Verse Challenge!
- Encourage kids to take up the helmet of Salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians. 6:17)
- Create an opportunity for conversations between you and your children about the word of God!
How to Participate:
- Pick a verse from the list below each week
- Write your verse on a card and work with your child to memorize it. Coming up with motions, putting it to a song, and making it fun will help the younger children memorize it, and help them learn how to enjoy the task! Here are some questions we would encourage you to discuss as you are memorizing the verse:
- What does this Scripture say about God?
- What does it say about Jesus?
- What does it tell you about yourself?
- Have your child bring the card to a KM Volunteer any Sunday morning of the summer
- Your child will recite the verse and their KM Volunteer will initial the card
- On your way out, your child will get to pick a prize out of our prize bucket!
Please note that if your child(ren) memorize our longer passages such as the Lord's Prayer from Matthew and Psalm 145:8-13, they will be able to pick from a special selection of prizes!
It is our hope and prayer that this sparks interest and excitement in the hearts of your children, teaching them the importance of holding fast to the word of God.
We encourage you to try to memorize 5 verses between June 12th and August 21st with your child, and of course, the more the better! We will feature the children who try to memorize at least 2 verses in a late August edition of the Weekly Digest.
Parents, you may notice that there is a pattern to the verses:
- Attributes of God
- Jesus and Salvation
- Living Out Your Faith
- God’s Word
Focus on these beautiful truths with your child!
In the words of Solomon,
"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding—indeed, if you call out for insight, and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." (Proverbs 2:1-5)
May you and your child find the wisdom of God through His word, this summer, and for all the days of your lives!
This Week's Study
Key Passage for this Unit - Exodus 15:11
Questions for this Week
- What does this lesson tell me about God?
- What does this lesson tell me about myself?
- What happens when you and I disobey God?