World Engagement Fellows
World Engagement Fellows is a 12-month program designed for college students to help them grow in engaging the Great Commission. Fellows will receive theological and missiological training, will learn from several of our church's missionaries, and will grow in their understanding of Faith and Work and Economics.
Fellows will participate in the Perspectives course (at the certificate level). Additionally, they will have monthly gatherings to further discuss the content they are learning.
• Example Reading: Perspectives in the Christian World Movement (Various)
Fellows will spend 5 weeks over the summer learning a global perspective of missions by meeting with global missions partners. Due to COVID-19, we will not be traveling overseas. There will be a retreat at the start and end of the summer component. Exact dates TBD.
• Example Reading: The 3D Gospel: Ministry in Guilt, Shame, and Fear Cultures (Jayson Georges); Let the Nations be Glad (John Piper); Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City (Tim Keller)
Fellows will work with local mission partners to learn more about local engagement while focusing on the topic of Faith and Work and Economics and the implications for their future location and vocation.
• Example Reading: The Economics of Neighborly Love (Tom Nelson); The Missional Entrepreneur (Mark L Russel); How Then Should We Work (Hugh Whelchel)
● October 15: Applications Open
● November 1: Applications Due
● November 8: Interviews with Pastor Roddy
● November 15: Invitations
● December 6: Acceptance of Invitation and deposit due ($200)
● December 8: Meet & Greet (Zoom)
Includes Perspectives course, meals, books, weekend retreats. (This cost is subsidized by the missions budget)