Full-time or Part-time availability
Our mission at Chapel Hill Bible Church is to equip our church as a community to reach the Triangle and beyond with the message of Jesus.
The administrative team members are crucial to accomplishing this through ensuring quality and efficiency in our daily operations. Our Administrative Assistants provide clerical, organizational, planning, technical, research, and information management support to the staff and ministries of CHBC. Our support staff members are fun, dynamic, and dedicated to glorifying God through the details!
Chapel Hill Bible Church offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical benefits, elective dental, vision and voluntary life as well as paid time off.
The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT is Responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to assigned ministry areas and leaders (scheduling, resource management, maintaining calendars, filing, document prep, ordering books and materials, processing credit card receipts, database maintenance, event planning, etc...)
- Monitoring and advancing priorities on behalf of assigned ministry leaders
- Maintaining congregational and ministerial confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential
- Staying abreast of correct information regarding ministry events and initiatives, and answering questions and requests from church and community members in a timely manner
- Equipping and supporting involved lay leaders with ministry staff- approved initiatives
- Managing calendar, reservations, check-ins, registrations, groups, and people in Planning Center Online (PCO) on behalf of supported ministry areas, teams, and events
- Ensuring accurate content on web pages and other public communication channels for assigned ministries
- Cross-training on various operational and office tasks (operation of office equipment, postage machine, etc.)
- Assisting with staff-wide events, projects, and communication efforts as needed under the direction of the Team Lead/Project Manager
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing professional publications
skills & characteristics
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ; understanding of the centrality of the gospel and commitment to the purpose and mission of the local church as understood by CHBC; membership at CHBC (existing or first available membership class upon employment) is required
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office suite and macOS software (iWork suite), Google Drive, and email
- Ability to master web-based systems used at CHBC, including Basecamp, Planning Center Online, Google Drive, and web-authorizing software (training provided as needed)
- A proactive learner and self-developer
- High attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize deadlines for multiple projects and people
- An appropriate sense of urgency for tasks, projects, and outcomes
- Ability to solve problems and serve others wisely without prompting
- High tolerance for interruptions and unscheduled interactions
- Friendly, outgoing, helpful attitude that represents CHBC and our staff well
- Professional, mature, and flexible work style
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Good work habits including punctuality, proactivity, good judgment and decision-making, detail-oriented accuracy, follow through, organization, time management, and deadline management
- Excellent English grammar and written expression
Part-time: 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Occasional flexible hours for evening or weekend events if needed.
Full-time: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Occasional flexible hours for evening or weekend events if needed.
*indicate interest in full or part time position on the application below.