What is Women's Ministry?
OUR VISION IS THAT OUR woMEN WILL BE TRANSFORMED MORE INTO THE LIKENESS OF CHRIST by his word and spirit at work through relational community.
Our heart is for the women at the Bible Church to deepen our love for God and each other as we grow stronger and are transformed through the application of His Word in our hearts, lives, and communities. We know that the Bible bears the roots of wisdom and life- the very Word of God given to us, so we want to be a group of women committed to studying the Scriptures together and allowing them to teach, correct, train, and equip us as Godly women. We also know we are called to love and bear with one another in Gospel-centered community, so we want to provide opportunities to connect deeply and richly with other women of our church body, so that we are walking alongside and spurring one another on in our day-to-day rhythms and roles.
2020-21 Women's Studies
We have a few different times and structures for you to plug into a bible study. At each of these studies, you will hear teaching from gifted and Godly women and encounter friendship around the Word of God. Below you will find a short description and a link to register for each.
fall SESSION BEgins on Tuesdays, September 15 (morning, afternoon & evenings)
Beginning Tuesday, September 15, join us as we dive into a study of the book of Galatians and discuss it together on Tuesdays each week. Our large group teachings will be recorded and distributed weekly in preparation for small group discussions each Tuesday. There will be assigned reading and questions to follow along with during the week to help engage and reveal God's truth through His word. Come drink deeply with us and be refreshed!
We are offering small groups in three different sessions each Tuesday:
- Tuesday mornings: 9:30-10:30 am
- Tuesday afternoons: 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Tuesday evenings: 7:30 - 8:30 pm
- Registration fee: $25 (scholarships available)
You will be able to indicate your meeting preference in the registration process. The options are
- Always Virtual Small Group
- In-Person Small Group - The in-person small groups will be able to meet in-person only when current civic and CHBC gathering policies allow. (This is likely to change throughout the year.)
Please register by September 1st to help our coordinators have time to set up groups and Zoom meetings.
- Childcare: Due to the nature of this season, we are unable to offer childcare at this time. If this creates a barrier for you to join us, please reach out directly to Erin Bethany (email@example.com) to discuss options for your individual needs.
- Scholarships: We anticipate having limited funds to offer scholarships for this study. If you would like to request a scholarship, please indicate that on your registration. The last step of registration will allow you to choose to pay a partial amount of the cost. If you would like to contribute to our scholarship fund, you can do so by indicating which type of scholarship you would like to contribute to at the start of registration as an "Add-On" item.
- Payment: If you would like to pay by cash or check to the church office, please mark "pay later" at the conclusion of your registration, and send your payment with "the well" in the memo line to: Chapel Hill Bible Church, ATTN: Liz Graham, 260 Erwin Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
starting Thursdays, september 10, 9:30 am
Beginning September 10th, join us online Thursday mornings for our 32nd year of Scripture teaching, small group discussion, and prayer. This year, we will be studying The Prophets. The study includes women representing many different churches in the area, and we welcome women of all ages from our community. Come and bring a friend!
- Thursday mornings: 9:30-11:30 am
- Registration fee: $25 (scholarships available)
- Childcare: Due to the online nature of this study, there will be no childcare offered this year. We will have teaching videos for preschool children that can be viewed anytime after the online class each week.
- Scholarships: If you would like to request a full or partial scholarship, please indicate that on your registration. The last step of registration will allow you to choose to pay a partial amount of the $25 cost. If you would like to contribute to our scholarship fund, you can do so by selecting which type of scholarship you would like to contribute in the registration process as well.
- Registration Help: If you need assistance with registration, or are unable to register online, please reach out to Kathy Sturdevant (919.818.5229). If you would like to pay by cash or check to the church office, please mark "pay later" at the conclusion of your registration, and mail your payment to the attention of Liz Graham. (You will receive more details upon completion of your registration.)