Meet Our College Minister
I was born and raised in Argentina and my parents are Koreans. I am married to Viviana, who was born in Brazil, grew up in Argentina, and her parents are also Koreans. We have 2 children, Emma and Liam, who were born in Illinois! (We are a multi-nationality family!)
We came to NC last year in August after I served at our home church in Argentina as an associate pastor for 4 years.
We consider ourselves "soft-foodies" since we don't just eat food out of necessity, hunger, or a need to survive, but also due to our invested interest. Food is our hobby and we love to cook and invite people over.
In my free time, I love to play with my kids, watch FÚTBOL (Messi fan here), and enjoy a good "Mate" (an Argentinian popular drink) with friends!
- 1991 - Came to faith in Christ at a summer camp
- 2000 - Began leading worship (led at several churches/ministries over the years)
- 2008 - Elementary Pastor – Chung Ang Presbyterian Church in Argentina
- 2010 - B.A. Seminario Internacional Teológico Bautista, Argentina
- 2011 - Married Viviana Cho
- 2013 - Elementary Pastor - Korean Church of Chicago
- 2014 - College & Career and Worship Pastor – Korean Church of Chicago
- 2015 - M.Div. Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Chicago
- 2016 - Pastoral Resident – The Orchard Evangelical Free Church of Chicago
- 2018 - Associate Pastor – College & Career Group, Spanish Ministry Congregational Life, Missions at Bethel Presbyterian Korean Church in Argentina
- 2022 - Installed as College Minister at the Bible Church
- Grilling, Argentinian style
- Playing and watching soccer
- Drinking Mate while reading his Bible
- Spending time with friends
What does the role of College Minister entail?
- Leading the college ministry in alignment with CHBC’s vision, mission, and strategic plans.
- Shepherding the college students at CHBC through cultivating community, equipping and mobilizing, shepherding, teaching, contextualizing, and managing the ministry.
- Facilitate the connection between college students and the larger congregation by:
- Equipping members of the congregation to serve college students, helping them grow as disciples of Christ and to equip students to do the work of the ministry.
- Encouraging college students to commit to meaningful membership at CHBC.
- Serve as a representative between college students and CHBC, helping us to value and serve one another.
- Lead college-specific training programs:
- In partnership with the Missions Pastor, lead the World Engagement Fellows program.
- Facilitate the CHBC internship program by recruiting, orienting, and working with other staff to hire and assign positions.
- Develop and discern strategic partnerships with campus ministries.
- Participate on the preaching team.